- Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Location: The Dunes Club – New Buffalo, Michigan
- Entry Fee: $650/player
- Lottery Opens: 1/3/22 at 12 p.m. ET
- Format: Single-elimination match play. You and a partner (singles are more than welcome, we will team you up) will play two best-ball and two-alternate shot matches throughout the day until we determine our champions. Those who are eliminated will still continue on and play all 36 holes. Registration includes 36 holes of golf with caddie, tee gifts, prizes, breakfast, lunch, and plenty of post-golf hors d’oeuvres
- Is there a handicap requirement? Absolutely not. Everyone from PGA Tour members to 35 handicappers have participated and we’re happy to have them all. Both net and gross scores are kept for that exact reason. If you don’t want your score counted and would rather just enjoy the golf course, you can do that too!
- Why you should see Dunes Club: Before Bandon Dunes, Cabot, or Sand Valley ever existed, there was the Dunes Club. Mike Keiser’s first foray into golf yielded a scenic nine-hole facility in southwest Michigan that always provides a fun day on the course. There isn’t an overwhelming clubhouse. There are no tee markers. There is no reason to look over your shoulder. The Dunes Club is as low key as it gets and the perfect place to spend a day.
- Behind the Name: Anything can happen in match play, but one thing is for certain — there will be a knockout punch.
- Extracurriculars: We will provide players the option to play Lost Dune Golf Club on Wednesday May 25 for an additional fee. There will also be an optional welcome dinner Wednesday night!
- NOTE – This event will be limited to 32 players (16 teams of two). In an effort to keep things fair, we will be utilizing a lottery system to determine the field. Everyone will be able to “purchase” a registration in our pro shop for $0 to enter. Select 1 player if you’d like to come on your own or 2 players if you have a teammate. We will accept entries for the lottery 1/3-1/7. Once the lottery is completed, we will contact everyone who has been randomly selected to the field.
- 8:00 AM – Registration opens, coffee & breakfast sandwiches available
- 9:00 AM – First-round matches (Best ball)
- 11:30 AM – Second-second matches (Alternate shot)
- 1:00 PM – Lunch
- 2:00 PM – Third-round matches (Best ball)
- 4:30 PM – Final-round matches (Alternate shot)
- 7:00 PM – Awards & Hors d’oeuvres
Traveling to New Buffalo
The Chicago airports are the best options for those planning on flying into New Buffalo. Both O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway International Airport (MDW) are within 90 mins of the Dunes Club.
- Just off the highway are options like the Holiday Inn Express and Fairfield Inn. Both have rates starting around $100/night.
- A more quaint stay can be found at The New Buffalo Inn & Spa! They have everything from hotel rooms to cottages starting at $133/night.
- Located in the heart of downtown New Buffalo, the Harbor Grand Hotel offers a more upscale stay with rates starting at $205/night.
For those planning on driving to the Dunes Club on the morning of the event, please be conscience of the time change coming from Illinois. New Buffalo is on Eastern Time!
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions!