- Date: Monday, Oct. 24, 2022
- Location: Meadow Club – Fairfax, CA
- Entry Fee: $825/player
- Registration Date: 6/22/22 at 12 p.m. ET
- Format: The Maiden is a 36 hole (18 best ball, 18 alternate shot) team event where players will compete as two-person teams for both gross and net prizes. Men and women welcome! Singles are also more than welcome to sign up and will be paired with another golfer for the day. Registration includes tee gifts, prizes, breakfast, a big lunch, and a post-golf hors d’oeuvres.
- Is there a handicap requirement? Absolutely not. Everyone from PGA Tour members to 35 handicappers have participated and we’re happy to have them all. Both net and gross scores are kept for that exact reason. If you don’t want your score counted and would rather just enjoy the golf course, you can do that too!
- Why you should see Meadow Club: Built in the late 1920s, Meadow Club is Alister MacKenzie’s first design in America. MacKenzie teamed up with Robert Hunter and built Meadow Club in one of the most serene environments you can imagine. Mike DeVries oversaw a restoration of the course in 1999 as well. The course itself features elevation change, brilliant green complexes, restored MacKenzie bunkering, and peaceful vistas. The only building you can see from the golf course is the clubhouse, a rarity in America. MacKenzie and Hunter went on to build Cypress Point Club, Pasatiempo, the Valley Club of Montecito, and others, but it all started at Meadow Club.
- Behind the Name: Every great architect had a maiden voyage in the golf course industry. The great Alister MacKenzie made his at Meadow Club. Opened for play in 1927, Meadow Club was MacKenzie’s first design in America.!
- 7:030 AM: Registration opens & breakfast
- 8:00 AM: First round (Best ball)
- 12:00 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM: Second round (Alternate shot)
- 5:00 PM: Awards & Hors d’oeuvres
Traveling to Fairfax
If flying in for the Maiden, you can use either San Francisco International (SFO) or Oakland International (OAK). Both are roughly an hour from Meadow Club.
There are hotels, motels, B&Bs, and house rentals to choose from around Fairfax.
- The San Anselmo Inn is a small, historic inn with rooms starting at $185/night. It is just 15 minutes from Meadow Club
- Located in Fairfax, the Fairfax Inn is just an 8 minute drive to Meadow Club. Raates start at $135/night.
- A little further down the road you’ll find the Four Points by Sheraton and the Embassy Suites by Hilton in San Rafael. These hotels are 35-30 minutes from the course with rates between $150 and $185/night.
- Airbnb is always a great option for house rentals as well.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!